Humans use coconut oils for centuries as health supplements. Experts say it have benefits like boosting the immune system, reduce body weight, it have anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties, and improve cognitive skills in patients with Alzheimer’s. But what about coconut oil for dogs? According to some holistic and naturopathic veterinarians, coconut oil has qualities that can aid in many types of canine conditions.
Coconut Oil for dogs:
There are several ways humans use coconut oil, like softening the skin to treating eczema, but you may amaze to know that coconut oil can be beneficial for your dogs.
Coconut oil can aid dogs in many ways, from itchy or bumpy skin to digestion issues. Also helps in easing tummy aches problems and soothing irritated skin, preventing infection and reducing allergic reactions
Health benefits of coconut oil for dogs:
Coconut oil has tons of benefits for your dogs. They can benefit in both ways, Oral or Applied topically.
According to research and pet experts when coconut oil is taken orally, they can benefit:
- Reduce the risk of cancer, degenerative conditions, and Relieves arthritis. It also protects against skin cancer, age spots, acne, etc.
- Improves Nutrient absorption, digestion, cholesterol level, and helps to cure heart disease.
- Works like a charm and heal digestive problems like Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, and colitis.
- Coconut Having anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties that prevent yeast and fungal infection, Viral infection like herpes, measles, flu and other infections in the body.
- Keeps the balance of the body’s metabolism and hormones, control diabetes, and promote normal thyroid function.
- Prevent osteoporosis and Reduces allergic reactions.
According to research and pet experts when coconut oil is applied topically, they can benefit:
- Applying coconut oil to your dog’s skin can help skin with moisture.
- Helps in disinfects wound and healing cuts.
- Improves skin health and improve hair condition to prevent them from, dandruff, falling, and making them shine.
- It helps to keep your dog’s coat more sleek, shiny, and glossy.
- Best for use as a tooth cleaner for your dog. The oil eliminates harmful bacteria in your dog’s mouth and prevents dental disease.
Side effects :
Although the side effects of the oil are rare, there are a few precautions to consider before using coconut oil on your dog.
- Coconut oil may some time cause an allergic reaction when adding the first time to your dog’s diet or applying topically. In this case, immediately stop the use of oil and contact with your vet.
- The excessive use of coconut oil can make your dog obese and increase weight.
- Some researcher says that coconut oil can increase the cholesterol level in dogs, which some time leads to fatty plaques to develop in the arteries.
- Coconut is high in saturated fat and, and the study concluded that high saturated food could decrease the scent- detecting abilities of dogs.
Oral Serving Ideas of coconut oil:
- Remember that coconut oil for obese dogs and dogs having pancreatic issues is not a good choice, so avoid coconut oil to them.
- After contacting your veterinarian start with moderation. Generally, you can give coconut oil to dogs 1-2 times a day with meals. How much coconut can I give my dog? It depends on the size and health of the dog. Therefore according to pet experts, add no more then ¼ teaspoon for puppies and about one tablespoon for larger breeds dogs.
- The best approach is to Add coconut oil in a dog’s regular healthy diet. And stop feeding if you notice like diarrhea or allergic reactions.
- According to pet expert, Smith, “pet parents use organic, virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil.”
Topical Application of Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil can cause moisture to your dog’s skin and prevent skin damage and flaking.
- Simply rub a small amount onto your hands and then gently run your fingers through the fur and massage a little down onto the skin.
- Since coconut is safe to give orally, so you don’t have to worry if dogs lick themselves after it’s been applied Topically.
Coconut oil for dogs fleas:
Some of the pet experts say that Coconut oil helps to kill fleas by the lauric acid that’s present within the coconut. Lauric acid holds flea’s exoskeleton in the oil, making it impossible for the flea to move.
This ultimately results in the flea’s death within 20 seconds. But remember that it will only work in a minor flea problem.
Is coconut oil good for dogs:
Yes, Coconut oil is good for dogs and has tons of benefits for dogs. Many pet experts and vets suggest coconut oil as a tonic for pets, which work like a charm in the healthy growth of dogs.
Coconut oil gives benefits in both ways applying topically or giving them orally. But the one and the main thing to remember is always giving any human food to your pet in a correct moderation way and with some of the precautions.
Humans use coconut oil for softening the skin to treating eczema, reduce inflammation, fungal infection, Viral infection like herpes, measles, and the flu and other infections in the body. Similarly, dogs can benefits too from this natural tonic and prevent your pet from itchy or bumpy skin to digestion issues.
It also provides relief in easing tummy aches problems and soothing irritated skin, preventing infection, and reducing allergic reactions. In conclusion, yes, coconut oil is safe for dogs when feeding in moderation.
How much coconut oil for dogs?
The best idea to give coconut oil to dogs is, start in moderation and contact your veterinarian. However, according to our research, pet experts and vets you can give coconut oil to dogs 1-2 times a day, adding this to the dog’s meal. The amount of oil you are serving depends on the size and health condition of the dogs. As coconut oil may toxic to obese and diabetic dogs.
After contacting your veterinarian, start with moderation, generally, you can give coconut oil to dogs 1-2 times a day with meals add no more then ¼ teaspoon for puppies and about one tablespoon for larger breeds dogs.
Do i have to rinse coconut oil off my dog?
Coconut is safe to given orally to dogs, so you don’t have to worry if dogs lick themselves after it’s been applied Topically. However, if you apply the coconut oil and your dogs look greasy or oily, and you want to rinse your dogs, then let it be absorbed for a few minutes and then rinse with a light shampoo with warm water and cloth.
What can I put on my dog for dry skin?
Dry skin is the main skin problem of pets, especially in winter. If your dog has dry skin then you must try coconut oil for them. Coconut oil is the best tonic for moisturizing prevent skin damage and flaking, soothing irritated skin, preventing infection, and reducing allergic reactions.
Coconut oil can cause moisture to your dog’s skin. Simply rub a small amount onto your hands and then gently run your fingers through the fur and massage a little down onto the skin.
Can dogs eat coconut oil?
Coconut oil is safe and non-toxic to dogs when giving them in correct way. It contains lots of beneficial nutrients that help to improve the dog’s health. Coconut oils contain anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties. The oil is safe in both ways, giving them orally in food or applying topically to the skin. The one thing is to remember is always serve them in moderation don not overfeed them and avoid giving to obese and diabetics dogs.
Share This infoghrapic in your blog post just by copy paste the code below
<a href="https://servedogs.com/coconut-oil-for-dogs/"><img style="width:100%;" src="https://servedogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Copy-of-Copy-of-Teal-Yellow-Facts-Trivia-Dogs-Twitter-Post1.png"></a><br>Read more about <a href="https://servedogs.com/coconut-oil-for-dogs/">Coconut oil for Dogs benefits and serving ideas</a>
Dear visitor, your time is valuable to us. We hope you get benefits from this effort. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to ask in the comment section or contact us directly. Serve dogs team will answer you shortly. Thank You