Human love to eat Nutella and become a staple in almost every household. Many pet owners want to share this staple with their furry friend because dogs are also tempted to taste this hazelnut spread. But is Nutella bad for dogs? The answer to the question is Yes. Nutella contains toxic ingredient for dogs.
Is Nutella bad for dogs?
Some people think that every healthy human food will be fit for their pets, but they are wrong. Before offering any human food to your puppy, take the advice of your veterinarian.
When it comes to Nutella, It is not considered safe for dogs, and it can put your pet health at risk. The main reason behind the toxicity of this staple is its ingredients.
Side effects of Nutella for dogs?
Nutella is the most likeable staple among humans. Can dogs eat Nutella? The simple answer is No because it has some dangerous side effects for your pup.
- The main component of Nutella Cocoa contains Methylxanthines (theobromine and caffeine) that are dangerous for dogs to ingest.
- Contain abundant amount of sugar and fat that’s why Even a small amount of Nutella could cause an upset stomach in your pooch.
- Consumption of too much sugar and fat might lead your dog to pancreatitis, increased heart rate, internal bleeding, agitation and seizures.
- Some Neutilla contains Excessive chocolate, which can cause theobromine poisoning in your dog.
- Theobromine poisoning leads to extreme hyperactivity and can also cause internal bleeding, heart attack and muscular tremors.
Toxic Ingredients of Nutella for Dogs:
- Cocoa ( Chocolate)
Symptoms to look for:
A small amount of the staple may not harm your puppy badly. However, ingesting in high amount might put your pet health at risk.
Observe your doggie after ingesting Nutella, Following are Signs associated with the ingestion Nutella. when you observe the below signs and symptoms contact your vet immediately.
Nutella Toxicity Symptoms in dogs:
- Hyperactivity & Anxiety
- Vomiting & Diarrhea
- A rapid increase in heart Beat
- Panting & Arrhythmia
- Tremors & Seizures
- Lack of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Dehydration & Depression
What To Do If Your Dog Eats Nutella?
If your dogs ingested an abundant amount of Nutella and you observe any adverse effect contact your vet immediately.
However, if you think to take your furry friend to the vet may take time, then give the first Aid to your dog.
What to do if a dog eat Nutella?
- The best ideas are to contact and take your pooch to local veterinarian or an animal poison control center for advice in any severe condition.
- If you observe any adverse behavior in your dog, Act fast, Do not wait because Serious cases can lead to seizures, coma or even death.
- If your vet clinic is far away, get a vet’s help by phone.
- Try to make your dog vomit. Activated Charcoal to prevent further absorption and hydrogen peroxide mixed with water might help to vomit.
- Provide plenty of water and Keep your dogs well-hydrated provide.
- Give mentally support to your dog by talking them and loving them.
You may also like to read:
|Furhaven Pet Beds for Small, Medium, Large, and Jumbo Dogs||Check On Amazon|
|Zesty Paws Allergy Immune Supplement for Dogs||Check On Amazon|
|EliteField 3-Door Folding Soft Dog Crate||Check On Amazon|
|K9 Advantix II Flea and Tick Prevention for Large Dogs||Check On Amazon|
Why is chocolate bad for dogs?
Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains theobromine which can lead to muscle tremors, seizures, an irregular heartbeat, internal bleeding or a heart attack.
However, the side effects of chocolate to your dog depends on the amount and type of chocolate your dog ingesting.
Even Less amount of chocolate cause stomach upset in your puppies while consuming in large amount can also kill your dog.
Is Hazelnut toxic to dogs?
Hazelnuts aren’t toxic to dogs if consuming unsalted, uncoated in moderation; however, they’re not recommended by vet and pet experts for your dog.
These nuts pose a choking hazard or to cause intestinal obstruction to smaller dogs. Small dogs can choke on hazelnuts, and larger dogs tend to gobble them up without chewing, which might lead to hazelnuts getting stuck in their intestines and causing significant problems.
Like severe digestive issues such as stomach upset vomiting and diarrhea. Is hazelnut toxic to dogs? Yes, the best idea is to avoid the nuts feeding to your puppy.
How much Cocoa is in Nutella?
Cocoa is one of the main ingredients in Nutella. In the beginning, Many manufacturing companies adds an abundant amount of Cocoa in their product.
However In November 2017, the Hamburg Consumer Protection Center estimated that the cocoa content in the Nutella should be reduced, and now almost every Nutella staple includes the same amount 7.4% of Cocoa in their product.
How much Nutella is dangerous for dogs?
Humans love to eat Nutella doesn’t mean that dogs can eat it too. The staple contains such ingredients that are toxic to puppies like Cocoa ( Chocolate) Milk Sugar Hazelnut.
The answer to the question of how much Nutella is dangerous for dogs? Is, Even a small amount of Nutella could cause an upset stomach in your pooch due to its abundant amount of sugar and fat. Consuming in large amount can cause severe health issues in your dogs like pancreatitis, increased heart rate, internal bleeding, agitation and seizures.
About Author: Serve Dogs Team Provides information after the in-depth and comprehensive research, including the researchers of Vets and Pet expert Around the Globe. Serve Dogs Team Provides you the comprehensive summary of Google Top twenty pages, which will help you to get all your required information effortlessly.