Pet owners of female dogs usually notice unusual Health issues.
You may have noticed swollen dog Private area with vaginal discharge.
Swelling in the private area of female dogs occurs for many reasons.
Why is my female dog’s private area swollen?
According to vets and pet experts, many reasons lead your female furry friend to swollen Private Area.
If your dog has a bump on her private area or swelling. Timely diagnosing of the actual cause and treatment can prevent your canine from future complication.
In this article, we have briefly discussed the 14 causes of swollen dog genitalia.
Why is my Female dog’s Private Area swollen?
In medical terms, the swelling of a dogs private area (Vagina, vestibule or swollen dog privates) is known as Vaginitis. Vaginitis is characterized by a swollen vaginal area accompanied by a discharge found in both puppies and older dogs. Some of the causes of swelling in the private area of the canine may be minor, but some may be dangerous and can lead your puppy to severe health issues.
Below we are mentioning 14 causes of Vaginitis inflammation in female dogs.
Swollen Vaginitis in dogs 14 Causes:
1. Estrus Cycle or swollen female dog heat:
Estrus Cycle also known as swollen female dog heat is a common occurring behavior in female dogs.
According to pet experts and vets, a Female unspayed dog develops Estrus Cycle approximately three to four weeks once or twice a year.
2. Vaginitis :
In medical terms, the swelling and inflammation of the vaginal canal of a dogs private area vagina or vestibule are known as Vaginitis.
The common reason for Vaginitis in dogs is Urinary tract infections Infection.
Usually, female dogs suffer from Urinary tract infections more frequently.
If your pet is suffering from Vaginitis, besides other reasons, you will notice swelling in your dog private area.
3. Allergic Reaction:
Allergic reaction is among the top listed causes of many canine skin problems.
According to pet experts, certain things such as dogs grooming products, shampoo and even food can cause skin irritation and swelling in certain canine body parts.
A swollen vagina may indicate that there is something that is irritating your canine rare part area.
We suggest always using the best vet recommend shampoo and grooming products for your pup.
4. Insect Bite:
Like Humans, insects bite make a dog skin itchy, inflamed, swollen and red.
If you notice your dog’s private part swollen and she is continuously trying to rub their rare part with the paw or ground, she may be bitten by an insects bite.
Try some instant relief itchy control powder for your canine.
5.Irritation from urine or Faecal Matter:
Proper grooming and keeping dogs clean should be a priority for every pup owner, especially when dogs free themselves from pee or poo.
In many circumstances, poo faecal matter and urine stuck around the rare parts of the dogs that cause severe irritation in the private parts.
This irritation gradually develops into infection and can lead a puppy to a swollen vagina.
- Why Do Dogs Arch Their Backs?
- Why Is My Dog So Clingy All Of A Sudden?
- Why Does My Dog Nudge Things With His Nose?
6. Urinary or Urethral Incontinence:
Urinary or Urethral incontinence refers to the loss of voluntary control of urination.
Spayed dogs, Middle-aged and dogs who suffer from diabetes mostly become suffer from this condition.
You will notice the irregular leakage of your dog urine.
It is usually observed as involuntary urine leakage. A dog is suffering from Urinary or urethral incontinence show inflammation in the genitalia.
Pregnant dogs usually develop many health condition and body changes.
Swelling in the privates of a pregnant dogs near pregnancy could be the sign that it’s time for your pet pregnancy, and your should prepare your self to welcome the new family member.
8. Vaginal Neoplasia:
Vaginal Neoplasia also known as vaginal tumors.
The most common signs of Vaginal Neoplasia in dogs are private area discharge, swollen volume and the sudden appearance of a protruding mass from the gonads.
9. Canine Herpesvirus:
Canine Herpesvirus infection is a severe and Fatal disease that mostly occurs in puppies.
The symptoms of Canine Herpesvirus include upper respiratory infection, inflammation of the vagina, pain and a pus-filled discharge in female dogs, eye disease, or inflammation of the foreskin of the male private part .
This deadly virus can be transferred through contact between susceptible puppies or dogs via vaginal secretions and oral or nasal secretion and from parents to offspring during birth.
10. Ovarian Remnant Syndrome:
Why is my spayed female dog’s private area swollen?
When the ovarian tissue remains inside the body of a spayed female dog, the condition is called Ovarian Remnant Syndrome.
The ovarian tissue usually produces estrogen, which indicates the signs of heat in the dog.
The vagina of female spayed dogs often appears to be swollen.
11. Ectopic Ureters:
Ectopic Ureters are an abnormality in pets in which dogs are born with ureters that do not close the bladder in the correct position resulting in incontinence.
The private part of A female dog with Ectopic Ureters seeing to be swollen.
12. Foreign body Migration:
There are certain foreign bodies such as foxtail that migrate throughout the body and can such anywhere in your canine.
The barbed seed heads of the foxtail plant can be stuck in any part of the pet body as well as They can even simply dig themselves directly into a patch of skin.
Many infections include viral, bacterial, or yeast infection in the dogs vagina could lead a canine private part to swell.
14. Forced Separation while Mating:
Some people separate the dogs by force while they are Mating, which can increase the injury in both male and female dogs private areas and leads to inflammation and swelling.
To break the bond, this is must that a male dog satisfied and separate.
- Does My Dog Trust Me? (Quiz)
- Why Does My Dog Go Crazy At Night?
- Why Does My Dog Suddenly Want To Sleep Alone?
Sign and symptoms of Vaginitis (Vaginal Inflammation in Dogs):
- Swollen, Red and Inflamed Vagina
- Yellowish mucus and bloody discharge
- Licking the Private Area.
- Frequent Urination.
- Pain while urinating.
- Scoot her bottom on the ground
- Male dogs Attraction
Treatment of Vaginitis in dogs:
- The treatment of any health issue depends on the cause of the disease. Treatment is based on the specific cause of your pet’s condition. A professional vet visit is always recommended, even in a minor health issue.
- For some causes of Vagina swelling, surgery will be the treatment option. In contrast, some need just medication to recover, such as Urinary tract infection, Viral or bacterial infection etc.
- If the problem is due to the presence of a foreign body such as foxtail, then the removal will the only way to give your canine some relief.
- In case of skin-irritating, the problem will be solved by just cleaning the area and with recommended wipes and the use of some medication.
- A vet may prescribe other medicine according to the need, such as anti-inflammatories, glucocorticoids, Antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral, and Replacement hormone therapy.
Prevention of Swelling of the Private Area in Dogs:
- Contact your vet for the timely treatment of any health issue that may lead you puppy to a swollen vagina.
- If your want to stop the canine Estrus Cycle, you can prevent it by spaying your dog.
- Prevent your dogs from foods, plants, grooming products that cause Allergies.
- Make sure to clean your canine after pee or poo.
- Make a routine schedule of your canine bathing and overall body cleaning.
- Treat your dog’s minor cuts and wounds on time.
- Feed healthy and immune booster food to your dog.
- Prevent your canine from unknown and ill dogs.
- Don’t stop your canine by force while Mating.
Why is my dogs VAG swollen and Red?
Female dogs often observe the VAG swollen of their furry friend.
Many reasons may cause swollen VAG in dogs.
Some are consider minor and can be treated with proper care and medication.
Some may put the canine in severe health condition, and timely treatment and diagnosing are required to prevent the canine from severe complications.
Why is my dog’s vag swollen and bleeding?
In medical terms, the Swollen VAG, the swelling and inflammation of the vaginal canal of a dogs private part vagina or vestibule are known as Vaginitis.
According to pet expert and Veterinarians, the common cause of Vaginitis in dogs is Urinary tract infections Infection.
Other possible reasons for VAG swelling in dogs Includes:
- Swollen, Red and Inflamed Vagina
- Canine herpesvirus
- Vaginal neoplasia
- Pregnancy Indication
- Urinary or urethral incontinence
- Irritation from urine or Faecal Matter
- Insect Bite
- Allergic Reaction
- Estrus Cycle
- Ovarian Remnant Syndrome
- Ectopic Ureters
- Foreign body Migration
- Forced Separation while Mating
What does it mean when your female dog has white discharge?
According to pet experts and vets, unusual, abnormal white vaginal discharge from a female dog occurs for many reasons.
The first reason is the normal body process in which the white fluid is naturally produced to clean the canine body and rare part, which is considered a normal discharge.
Another reason for white discharge from a female dog vagina indicate infection of the vagina or urinary tract infection.
Female dogs suffering from Vaginitis also discharge fluid from the rare part.
How do you treat a yeast infection in a dog’s private Area?
Yeast infection can attack certain body parts of the canine.
Yeast infection on the dog’s private area leads the puppy to irritating and sometimes severe infection.
To treat the yeast infection in a dog’s private area, a veterinarian may administrate anti-fungal and anti yeast medication to treat the infestation.
To keep the dog’s vagina clean and prevent further infection, your vet will suggest topical medication, which can be used twice daily.